On the 8th day before Christmas a Gingerbread Man gave to me…8 Candy Canes!
I love the red and white striped pattern of a Candy Cane, they keep me in the holiday spirit into the New Year. So many things can be made using candy canes, and inspiration of the pattern can spark creative ideas.
1. The Candy Cane Skirt- I have looked for the skirt everywhere because I really want it. However, it is impossible to find. If you know where I can find it please let me know.
2. Candy Cane Pinwheel Cookies- These beautiful Christmas cookies will be made in my home this week. Since I was a kid I have made Candy Cane Cookies, but I think for the first time, I will make these instead.
3. Candy Cane Tree Skirt- I want to make this DIY tree skirt for the house. I have not had any time this year to make one, but maybe after the holidays settle down I can get to work on one for next years tree. It is so vibrant and romantic.
4. Candy Cane Cocoa- YUMMMM! I love hot chocolate so why not add a mound of marshmallows and candy cane pieces on top? I bet Santa would like to sip on this on Christmas Eve when he visits my house. Just don’t try adding a candy cane to your glass of wine! From experience, it is not good.
7. Candy Cane Biscotti- I love Biscotti, it is the perfect accompaniment for a cup of hot coffee or tea. The crunch of the peppermint sounds wonderful. “Hey Santa, if you bring me that bangle I will make you some biscotti for Christmas Eve.”
8. Candy Cane Lane- Bubble bath, lotion, and lip gloss; I can be minty all year ’round. Philosophy makes the best bath products.